Kedgeree is one of my favourite brunch treats when out and about but it always seem to time consuming to actually make myself! However, it doesn’t take long to knock together with smoked mackerel. Granted the bold flavours of the mackerel makes this version a little less sophisticated but it still tastes really good.
In this version I substituted 50% of the rice for cauliflower rice to pack in a few extra veggies!
All you need
– 1 smoked mackerel fillet
– 1 soft boiled egg
– 1/2 finely chopped onion
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh garlic
– 1/4 head of roughly chopped cauliflower
– 3 tbs cooked white rice
– 1 large tomato, deseeded and chopped
– 1 tbs mild curry powder (I used korma)
– 1 tbs natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
– 1 tsp coconut oil
All you do
1) Soften the onion and garlic in coconut oil on a medium heat.
2) Add the cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes until it starts to soften.
3) Stir in the rice and curry powder.
4) Add the tomato and mackerel and continue to stir until the tomato softens
5) Take the mix off the heat to stir in the yoghurt
6) Serve with a chopped boiled egg