Hungry, busy mama… get your pantry stocked up and throw together an adrenal loving, gut nurturing and hormone harmonising Rainbow plant-powered super salad!
I think we’re at risk of overthinking salads. They can quickly become boring, dull and dry when we just stick to the same old ingredients, but salads are a wonderful world of colour, taste, texture and plant power. They really are the world’s ultimate fast food and are perfect for clearing out your fridge.
Here’s how I like to mix it up:
- Create a leafy base
- Grate: Carrots, beetroot (if raw)
- Spiralize: Courgette, carrot, squash
- Finely shred: Cabbage, sprouts, celery, fennel
- Slice: Tomatoes, avocado, beetroot (if cooked), cucumber, spring onions, peppers, sugar snaps
- Blanch or sauté (if preferred – or have raw): Kale, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, edamame beans
- Handful: Tinned chickpeas, butter beans, kidney beans, olives
- Roast: Sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, fennel, squash
- Slice: Apple, pear, mango, raspberries, pomegranate seeds, orange
- Season and dress: Olive oil, white wine vinegar and honey; hummus; tahini; other nut oils such as walnut
- On top: Nuts and toasted seeds, bee pollen, nutritional yeast
Toss and tumble together and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to share! Upload a photo and tag me in your creations on Facebook and Instagram @wellnourishedclub