Burnt out, exhausted, anxious and overwhelmed? Do these feelings sound familiar? Listen up, go getting, super Mums…I’m being serious, if you want to go faster, slow the heck right down.
This is one of my favourite phrases… I might even go as far to say it’s a mantra. It is 100% true. It grounds me and propels me forward EVERYTIME I stop, relax, tune in and slow down.
If you’re like me, you want to do everything, be everywhere, achieve goals, experience life and do it all again with the kids. And to do this we feel like we need to be going with blazing speed (apologies for the kid’s TV reference. It’s Miss 3’s current obsession – she might end up with a US accent but I’m happy it’s just not Paw Patrol!)….What does this achieve? Well it depends but somewhere on this journey you end up a HOT MESS – overwhelmed, exhausted, disappointed, burnout and depleted.
How can you address these feelings and get back in the driver’s seat?
- Take time every day to just breathe: Calming our nervous system allows the rational, funny, creative, intuitive part of our mind to switch on, meaning we can strategically think with clarity to find the best and FASTEST route forward.
- Sit down, chew and enjoy your food: Prepare nourishing meals and eat them in a relaxed social environment. You’ll be giving your body the nourishment and energy it needs to fulfil your dreams.
- Make sleep a priority: Go to bed earlier mama (I’m guilty of this too!), stop scrolling on blue light emitting devices, avoid watching scary movies or the news and treat yourself with a nourishing bedtime routine.
- Move everyday: Move with intention and enjoy it so that you can refill your cup and move towards your goals with clarity.
- Connect with yourself: Rediscover your authentic self – your passions, loves and drive. Use that inner wisdom and intuition to ground yourself and see the easiest route forward.
We explore this and more in the Nourished Mums programme to help you get you back to feeling like YOU again. You can find out more about the Nourished Mums programme on our homepage, or get in contact to discuss and find out whether the programme is right for you.