How frequently do you doubt yourself? Give yourself a telling off? Replay a negative encounter or dwell on what you could have done differently?
If you’re feeling drained, overwhelmed and frazzled then changing your thought process is up there as one of the number one (and possibly easiest) intervention to increase your energy and reignite your spark, passion and oomph for life.
Because your emotional and mental energy directly impacts your physical state and wellbeing. You can increase your energy and raise your vibe by controlling the thoughts that affect your emotional energy and subsequently your physical energy and wellbeing.
Your thoughts have the ability to change your biology.
Now this is a huge topic with a wealth of supportive data behind it. In short…Your thoughts generate feelings. Feelings create a physical response. It’s a cascade of biochemical reactions that result in a wide range physical outcomes and experiences.
For example, if you are scared of something your brain will signal through various biochemical reactions to prepare to flee or fight. Hormones and neurotransmitters will be produced that increase your heart rate, release sugar into your blood stream, heighten your senses and your blood flow moves towards your muscles (away from non-vital organs such as digestive system) and prioritises specific ‘logical’ areas of your brain – this is the reason why you might find it difficult to think straight and be creative when you’re stressed. It is also why you might suffer from digestive issues – bloating, constipation, urgency etc.
This change in your biology, even your gene expression, and its impact on your physical energy/state is true to all your thoughts… happiness, joy, anger, resentment, jealousy, love, kindness…
YOU CAN (data has shown) INFLUENCE YOUR PHYSICAL ENERGY, STATE AND WELLBEING BY CHANGING YOUR THOUGHTS
Every day the majority of your thought are the same as the day before and the day before that. I work with gorgeous mamas who relive experiences and ponder the same issues and challenges. Your body cannot distinguish between actual events and a passing thought or ponder.
>The feelings are the same.
>The chemicals released are the same.
>The physical outcome is the same.
By actively changing your daily thought pattern you can rewire your brain, change your daily biochemistry and alter your physical well-being and outlook on the world.
YOU ARE PHYSICALLY CHANGING YOUR FUTURE…
Only you are in control of your tomorrow, Mama. Yes, there are some things that are out of your control, but your perspective and thought pattern around them will shape how they impact your future.
Wow! What can I do to influence my energy state?
Here are my top 5 practices that will re-energise your world:
- Introduce a daily appreciation check-in. This could be as simple as a 5-minute reflection or journaling practise in bed at the end of the day.
- Set 3-5 positive intentions for your day. These are best done in the morning, but if like me you have early risers and your time is monopolised by little people from 5am then write them down before you go to bed ready to review and say out loud when the kettle is boiling.
- Remind yourself of who you want to become every morning. This personal growth will vary depending on your personal and professional goals but restating them every morning will set your focus and make them happen. And remember, these goals can be big 5/10 year goals… if you’re not visualising them and making them part of your daily world then they’re going to get lost.
- Replace negative talk such as “I can’t” with “I will…” even if that’s preference with “I will once I…” This sets your intention of overcome the challenge/barrier.
- Be kind to yourself Mama. We all make mistakes, say the wrong thing or could have done things differently. Don’t let them keep you stuck in yesterday. BREATHE, SMILE and MOVE ON TO TOMORROW.
“What you live today is the result of your yesterday’s thoughts. What you will live tomorrow is the result of your thoughts today”
GO OWN IT MAMA.
We explore this concept and more in the Nourished Mums programme to help you get you back to feeling like YOU again. You can find out more about the Nourished Mums programme on our homepage, or get in contact to discuss and find out whether the programme is right for you.