Valentine’s Day may have passed, but let’s embrace the spirit of spreading the love 365 days a year and SELF LOVE with these little delights. For when the sweet tooth hits and you’re looking for something a little bit special, these hearts hit the bill perfectly. Flavonoid-rich dark chocolate filled with a sweet yet salty oozy filling, complete with little pops of fruity flavour from the pomegranate. What’s not to like? Perfect for sharing (or maybe not) – go make and enjoy these gorgeous little treasures.
SPREAD YOUR LOVE TODAY, CUS WE ALL NEED CUDDLES. BE KIND ❤️
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- They only take a few ingredients to make, most of which you’ll most like have in your cupboards
- You’ll be getting a bigger nutrient boost from these than from your regular chocolates – without compromising on taste!
- They are both gluten and dairy free so can be enjoyed by everyone.
I’m vegan, can I swap out the honey?
Yes, definitely! I’ve suggested maple syrup as an alternative but you could also try date syrup, agave nectar or brown rice syrup.
How long will they keep for once made?
These little beauties should keep well in the fridge for up to a week – though I’ll be impressed if they manage to last that long!
I don’t like pomegranate; can I leave it out?
Absolutely. You can either leave them out entirely or to keep the fruity hit that they provide, swap them for chopped dried fruits such as apricots or goji berries.
ALL YOU NEED
- For the chocolate:
- Just melt some good quality organic dark chocolate >70% (which is what I on this occasion)
- 90g cocoa butter.
- 1 tsp coconut oil.
- 30g cacao powder (or cocoa powder the taste will be more familiar).
- 1-2tbsp honey or 100% maple syrup.
For the filling:
- 30g tahini
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp runny honey
- Optional 1 tbsp collagen powder (optional for a little extra boost!)
ALL YOU DO:
- For the easy option, slowly melt the chocolate over hot water or…
- Slowly melt the cocoa butter with the coconut oil over hot water on the stove and incrementally sift in the cocoa, whisking all the time so it doesn’t have any lumps.
- Once mixed, add natural sweetener.
- Pour a layer of chocolate mix into the bottom of the mould and chill for 5 minutes.
- While the chocolates are chilling mix the tahini filling ingredients.
- Remove the moulds from the fridge and add a dollop of tahini mix and pomegranate to the middle of the mould and fill the rest of the mould with the remaining chocolate.
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Spread the love ❤️ If you enjoyed this recipe, upload a photo and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Facebook and Instagram @wellnourishedclub